The Trailer Premiere of Nightbane! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Dramead

400% 24 hr xp boost ?

Dramead    0

Surely this is 24 hours of in game time right .. $5 for 24 real world hours would be silly . 2X xp for free. 4X xp for 5$ a day would be criminal .. Now if it 24 hours of game time then I can get behind that.. 

humledurr    10
40 minutes ago, Dramead said:

lol figures .. Another cash grab server .. 

How can you say that? It costs money to do a project like this, there is no pay to win here, only xp boost and cosmetics. I'm glad the offer is there, as I'm not a fan of leveling. I agree it could have been cheaper though.

Dramead    0
41 minutes ago, humledurr said:

How can you say that? It costs money to do a project like this, there is no pay to win here, only xp boost and cosmetics. I'm glad the offer is there, as I'm not a fan of leveling. I agree it could have been cheaper though.

400% xp bost @ $5 a day is VERY VERY pay to win.. I mean for real $5 should get you the 7 day one or 24 hrs game time .. And I know it cost money to run a project like this .. You would think the folks doing it would be smart enough to realize that $5 for 24 real time is way way to much and they are actually hurting their donations that way.. 

Iamthedoll    10

What I believe, Dramead is complaining about high price because of real "worth" of 5usd in different countries. In western europe equivalence of 5usd is realatively low, in eastern europe and african or asian countries it can be a lot of money.

Dramead    0
8 hours ago, Kanibar said:

The price is fine, its convenience for thoose who wants it, not p2w.

paying money to get ahead of other players who do not pay money is the very definition of PTW . I can tell by the GM's comment that nothing will ever come of this so forget it . 

Fizzla    26

Lol, even at minimum wage that's half an hour for a boost that will save you 6h +. Retail costs what, 3x that much a month? Cry me a river.

Vaikaris    1

The guy is actually quite right in the inconvenience of the real time thing. If I have a job, and I don't mind paying, I don't have enough hours in a day to dedicate to make use out of 24 hours of real time. If I do have the time to make use of 24 hours of real-time boost, I wouldn't need the boost. That said, 24 hours of in-game boost is too much, because that carries you all the way to 60. Rather something like the price being the same but it being 8 hours of in-game boost would be much better and much more sought out. 

I, personally, have avoided buying boosts on about 5 different characters because I spread out my leveling over days and whenever I feel like it, so I feel buying a boost is worthless since I can just decide not to do it that day.

nimeralos    44
On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 2:09 AM, Dramead said:

lol figures .. Another cash grab server .. 

Haha, so if it's cheaper, it's ok, but if it's expensive, it's a cash grab server? Nice way of asking for a discount 

10 hours ago, Vaikaris said:

The guy is actually quite right in the inconvenience of the real time thing. If I have a job, and I don't mind paying, I don't have enough hours in a day to dedicate to make use out of 24 hours of real time. If I do have the time to make use of 24 hours of real-time boost, I wouldn't need the boost. That said, 24 hours of in-game boost is too much, because that carries you all the way to 60. Rather something like the price being the same but it being 8 hours of in-game boost would be much better and much more sought out. 

I agree, it doesn't seem right that nolifers can get more out of the feature than ppl with jobs. But probably it's yet another way to prevent overuse of the boost (high price being another one). I mean, they don't seek to profit from boosts as much as possible, they seek to balance profits with rarity to not frustrate non-payers.

Cyanotic    6
On 5/25/2018 at 5:32 PM, Fizzla said:

Lol, even at minimum wage that's half an hour for a boost that will save you 6h +. Retail costs what, 3x that much a month? Cry me a river.

This is exactly right, most players have no concept of economics or Time=/money

I'd much rather pay $5 to save hours leveling, if $5 is too much for you then maybe you should think about another line of employment, if you have one. 

hijako    13

If it was so cheap (5 $ for 24 hours game time) then everyone would to it & goodbye blizzlike experience - the idea is for the boost to be expensive, so fewer people would do it and at the same time, some contribution to the officers would go...

By the way, if we compare the service / donation prices at other servers, this is definitely not so expensive

Wylderson    1
On 2018-06-06 at 11:47 AM, hijako said:

If it was so cheap (5 $ for 24 hours game time) then everyone would to it & goodbye blizzlike experience - the idea is for the boost to be expensive, so fewer people would do it and at the same time, some contribution to the officers would go...

By the way, if we compare the service / donation prices at other servers, this is definitely not so expensive

No, not everyone would do it. Ridiculous claim. All this does it forcing people to play for consecutive long hours on end. Disregarding flexibility makes no sense.

There's absolutely no logic in having it being real time rather than in game. And by enabling a service that directly deviates from the blizzlike path you immediately lose the privilege to use the term "blizzlike".  

• Dislike 1

Cyanotic    6
1 hour ago, Wylderson said:

No, not everyone would do it. Ridiculous claim. All this does it forcing people to play for consecutive long hours on end. Disregarding flexibility makes no sense.

There's absolutely no logic in having it being real time rather than in game. And by enabling a service that directly deviates from the blizzlike path you immediately lose the privilege to use the term "blizzlike".  

Blizzard currently sell tokens for instant level 110 and magic unicorn mounts. Your idea of blizzlike is warped.

Imagine if retail time lasted for 30 days of /played instead of 30 calendar days? Considering people play an hour or two a day generally blizzard would lose so much money.

• Like it! 1

Wylderson    1
22 hours ago, Cyanotic said:

Blizzard currently sell tokens for instant level 110 and magic unicorn mounts. Your idea of blizzlike is warped.

Imagine if retail time lasted for 30 days of /played instead of 30 calendar days? Considering people play an hour or two a day generally blizzard would lose so much money.

Blizzlike for me is following the design of whichever expansion you are trying to emulate. 

And I suppose by that notion you could argue that having it being real time is justified. But I'm not necessarily arguing for a strict blizzlike experience according to patch 3.3.5.

All I'm saying is that it would serve the player more if it were in game time as it allows for more flexiblity. And it might even sway people towards donating for that reason alone.