• Announcements

• Dredd

Change your passwords!   04/27/2018

All the players who played on Light's Hope and Memories are requested to change their passwords immediately. Two Factor Authentication is also advised. https://streamable.com/i4q5a
    • MrCulé

Join Angrathar's Group on Facebook and like Sunwell's Fanpage!   06/04/2018

Join Angrathar group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/546505248864228/  Like our Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/SunwellProject/
Sign in to follow this  
Bondrewd

Is the server overall toxic?

Bondrewd    0

Before anything, these are my personal experiences from the alliance side (both end game and leveling) and the point of this thread is to get more opinions to know if this is just me or more people have these problems or even if you don't have them, you can let us know your opinion on the matter.

Been playing here for about 1 and a half months and I noticed a pattern in how the community/admin side is. And overall, the bad experiences were more than the good ones.

- a lot of ninjaloot. Sometimes nobody cares, sometimes you get kicked even if you open a chest in a dungeon that's locked with key.
- a lot of sensitive people. They will report you for anything. From jokes to how you pull mobs/heals.
- the polish community will unite against you even when you uphold the server rules. TLDR -> report people for talking in polish in rdf, they get muted, they kick you after that, GM says just put them on ignore. Why am I punished for following the rules?

- GMs will mute you within minutes usually if someone reports you just for your language. But they say they do not have the manpower to deal with ninjalooting, allowing it until you hit 25 man raids. The priority is kinda fucked there.

- You get into an argument with someone, and they insult you first and you just go along with it, but then you see that you get muted because he reported you. This is fucked up considering the other person started it and GM didn't take the time to check the logs and relies on half truths. Both should be muted.

- People que rdf (while leveling) in certain specs but got different gear/talents. Sure, it's ok until you reach like level 60. Then you just become a burden on the party. Tanked/healed/dps-ed through it, and it was not easy.

In the end, I would like to congrats the server for the good things. GMs respond very fast, they try to keep the gold sellers and bots under control. Sometimes they moderate the global chat, keeping it clean.

I'd like to know your experiences and how do you see these things that I mentioned, even tell us some of your experiences and try to look at every1 so we could say if overall the server is toxic or not. Maybe it's just me with bad luck in the wrong place at the wrong time.

nimeralos    23
3 hours ago, Bondrewd said:

GMs will mute you within minutes usually if someone reports you just for your language. But they say they do not have the manpower to deal with ninjalooting, allowing it until you hit 25 man raids. The priority is kinda fucked there.

It takes 30 seconds to check whether someone used non-English in a party chat, it takes way more to deal with the ninjalooting. In most of the leveling groups, no one cares. They leave right after the last boss is down, so my habit of writing "thanks for the team, cya around" gets me the blues from the last boss, lol.

the polish community will unite against you even when you uphold the server rules. TLDR -> report people for talking in polish in rdf, they get muted, they kick you after that, GM says just put them on ignore. Why am I punished for following the rules?

've only encountered a Polish group once, they stopped talking Polish when I reminded that it's against the rules. One try isn't representative.

You get into an argument with someone, and they insult you first and you just go along with it, but then you see that you get muted because he reported you. This is fucked up considering the other person started it and GM didn't take the time to check the logs and relies on half truths. Both should be muted.

Do they really mute people for insulting each other? Weird, this is the case when they should just say "just put them on ignore".

Anyway, you do encounter toxic people, this is the nature of RDF. But overall, I'd say there're more decent or even nice players than toxic.

The solution is - do quests : D

Edited by nimeralos

sorrow    1

if u replace "server" in your title with any other multiplayer game the answer will be the same as here - yes. 

• Like it! 1

tolbuhin    2

World of warcraft become more toxic after TBC. Find group is just 1 click away. The game change after every expansion and become more toxic (using your words) and anti-social. Best way is to do dungeons/raids with guild. This is the way on retail, this is the way and here. The main reson to find proper guild ;)

Brissa    0

a lot of ninjaloot. Sometimes nobody cares, sometimes you get kicked even if you open a chest in a dungeon that's locked with key

Some players need everything so they can disenchant later. The best thing u can probably do, is to add such players to ignore list.

a lot of sensitive people. They will report you for anything. From jokes to how you pull mobs/heals

If someone feel is offended by some jokes, it is their right to write report. But usually simple adding to ignore list is enough. Not yet seen report for bad pulls / heals.

the polish community will unite against you even when you uphold the server rules. TLDR -> report people for talking in polish in rdf, they get muted, they kick you after that, GM says just put them on ignore. Why am I punished for following the rules?

Adding to ignore list people who are muted because u reported them is a good way to avoid being kicked. Or just do dungeons with friends / guild.

GMs will mute you within minutes usually if someone reports you just for your language. But they say they do not have the manpower to deal with ninjalooting, allowing it until you hit 25 man raids. The priority is kinda fucked there

It is forbidden to speak other languages than english on public channels. I guess its easier to mute someone than judging if someone's item was ninjalooted. If gms have to judge every 10man raid it would take forever, also I feel that 10man loot is not so big deal, and 25man loot is way more important for most characters.

You get into an argument with someone, and they insult you first and you just go along with it, but then you see that you get muted because he reported you. This is fucked up considering the other person started it and GM didn't take the time to check the logs and relies on half truths. Both should be muted

If they insult you, just screenshot and report them yourself or stop arguing with angry people and add them to your ignore list instead.

People que rdf (while leveling) in certain specs but got different gear/talents. Sure, it's ok until you reach like level 60. Then you just become a burden on the party. Tanked/healed/dps-ed through it, and it was not easy

Well low lvl talents arent that impactful anyway. I met many shadow priests, bala druids and ele shamans healing dungeons and it was OK. Ofcourse after 60lvl as you said its getting waay harder without heirloom gear. I would say it depends on the tank in such situation. Some of them needs more love and require good healer with proper items / talents, and some can be healed by any class that can actually cast healing spell. Also some people are not patient enough to wait for tank / heal, and they just queue as that roles. Which is someway bad habit to have, but still - I met few retri paladins who tanked brd prisons. Ofcourse it was way more risky than "proper" tank spec.

Remember you can always add players you dont like to your ignore list. Its probably the easiest way to avoid situations you dont like to be in.

Haunterik    7

<Epidemic> and <Karlos> are probably most toxic guilds on horde side.

From my experience NA is the most toxic and nasty nationality in wow, and server got large NA player base on this server. Also admins are more benevolent to the trolls on global chat.

8 hours ago, Haunterik said:

<Epidemic> and <Karlos> are probably most toxic guilds on horde side.

From my experience NA is the most toxic and nasty nationality in wow, and server got large NA player base on this server. Also admins are more benevolent to the trolls on global chat.

As an American I am offended! Just kidding I agree that there are a lot of toxic American players. But I’m not really sure how you’re distinguishing nationalities in this game. I’ve ran into extremely toxic players and can’t really tell where they come from geographically. Sounds like you had one or two really bad experiences with someone from “NA” and now judge all of us. We’re not all bad.