• Announcements

• Dredd

Change your passwords!   04/27/2018

All the players who played on Light's Hope and Memories are requested to change their passwords immediately. Two Factor Authentication is also advised. https://streamable.com/i4q5a
    • MrCulé

Join Angrathar's Group on Facebook and like Sunwell's Fanpage!   06/04/2018

Join Angrathar group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/546505248864228/  Like our Fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/SunwellProject/
Sign in to follow this  
Cykur

Fix for Kicking abuse while Speedrunning

Cykur    2

Dungeon Finder is a great tool when used properly, but it is getting abused by speed runners who either want to be kicked, or kick people and disband the group when they don't get the dungeon they want.  The problem is the XP completion reward for queuing random dungeons incentives people try and collect the reward as fast as possible by not doing the longer dungeons.  Dungeon Finder is already a good reward in itself by saving you the time to run to the dungeon, if the XP component of the Random Dungeon Finder is removed, you remove a big incentive for people to kick, ask to be kicked, and generally screw up other people's time.  I notice a lot of the people who do this are either tanks or healers, who can just insta-queue, but it really sucks if you are DPS and you just waited 30+ minutes to get in a dungeon only to be kicked. 

It is already very easy to level on an X2 server.  I'm happy to lose the RDF XP completion bonus if it means people actually queue for the dungeon they want and not spoil the game for everyone else.

• Like it! 1

Cykur    2

Alternatively, you could just give the random dungeon reward to anyone who uses Dungeon Finder even if they pick a specific dungeon.  Speed runners who pick random dungeon just game the system to get the dungeon they want anyhow, so you might as well let them pick their dungeon and not mess up other people's groups.  The reward was supposed to be a bonus for being flexible, but instead it is incentive to kick people to re-queue for the shortest run.  It is pretty frustrating when this happens to you a couple times in a row, because you can easily spend 30-60 min in queue when you are DPS.   

• Like it! 1

nimeralos    23

Way less people will do the dungeons if not bonus. Way less people will do the "bad" dungeons if there's a bonus is for queueing specific. Can't fix it without breaking something else.

I did ST just fine with only one person leaving (not even by kick but by themselves). Of course, you might not be that lucky, but hey, it's not as bad as you picture.

Brissa    0

Just add players who want to be kicked or dont want to play specific dungeons to your ignore list so you wont meet them anymore. Problem solved. 

Cykur    2
16 hours ago, nimeralos said:

Way less people will do the dungeons if not bonus. Way less people will do the "bad" dungeons if there's a bonus is for queueing specific. Can't fix it without breaking something else.

I did ST just fine with only one person leaving (not even by kick but by themselves). Of course, you might not be that lucky, but hey, it's not as bad as you picture.

It doesn't really matter if way less people do dungeons as long as the ratio of classes remains roughly the same.  Under the current system, I can wait 30+ minutes for a dungeon because I'm not a tank / healer, then get kicked because they want to speed run a shorter dungeon, then wait another 30+ minutes and have it happen again.  What matters is when players actually get into the dungeon, they actually want to run that dungeon with you.  The current "bonus reward" is because you don't know what dungeon you will end up in, the way it is being used by speed runners is abuse of the system.  And I don't even care about that, if they want to abuse the system, more power to them, I just don't like being kicked from a dungeon I waited 30+ minutes to get into.  It happens so fast I don't even have a chance to get a screenshot sometimes.  

Cykur    2
6 hours ago, daze413 said:

17 hours ago, Brissa said:

Just add players who want to be kicked or dont want to play specific dungeons to your ignore list so you wont meet them anymore. Problem solved. 

I'm not just talking about people who ask to be kicked, I'm talking about people who kick YOU because they want to disband and reform the group to try again, forcing you to re-queue.  If one person leaves it is often possible to complete a dungeon, WotLK not being particularly hard, but you can't do a damn thing when they kick you and waste your time.

nimeralos    23
9 hours ago, Cykur said:

It doesn't really matter if way less people do dungeons as long as the ratio of classes remains roughly the same.  Under the current system, I can wait 30+ minutes for a dungeon because I'm not a tank / healer

Nope, it matters. If there's no bonus, tanks and healers will have to wait 30 minutes too.

Being kicked sucks, and kickers do abuse the system. But such is the system. Just sigh and try again.

P.S. Was kicked from Rampants this way a few times. Not sure why, isn't it the fastest dungeon..? : D

Edit: something that could work without breaking much is, in my opinion, dungeon-by-dungeon bonus XP tuning. For example, RFC XP should be nerfed by 30%, while WC XP buffed by 70%. BRD prison XP nerfed by 50%, ST XP buffed by 100%. With some data on how long each dungeon takes in average, those numbers could be made less arbitrary.

Sounds quite to implement, and would improve and diversify the leveling experience. But I still think if @MrCulé reads it, he will probably still decide it's not worth it.

Edited by nimeralos