Sign in to follow this  
Schoof

[PVE] Resources for Enh Shaman

Schoof    4

Hey everyone

I've never played WOTLK before, I just hit 80 so I'm looking to get some decent guides to get started as an Enh Shaman.

I found the following:

Gear

All of these seem to agree about a few things when it comes to gear:

Make sure Hit And Expertise are Capped

17%- 446 hit rating.
16%- 420 hit rating (Draenei).
14%- 368 hit rating (Raid).
13%- 341 hit rating (Draenei Raid).

6.50%- 214 Expertise Rating or 26 Expertise
6.50%- 140 Expertise Rating (This is only if you have Unleashed Rage, which increases your Expertise by 9 (not rating). This will take dodge off of the table, and since you are attacking from behind, the mob will not be able to parry).

But after that I'm not so sure. I think it comes down to this:

Hit Cap > Expertise Cap > AP > Crit > Haste till ToGC content.

Armor pen is a wasted stat on enhancement shamans.

Spell Rotation

Some say to give prio to Flame Shock, others don't even mention Flame Shock? I'm thinking somebody like this:

1) |Maelstrom Weapon x 5 stacks - Lightning Bolt
2) |Flame Shock
3) |Stormstrike if debuff not active
4) |Lightning Shield if not active
5) |Fire Elemental Totem
6) |Magma Totem if not active
7) |Feral Spirit
8) |Shamanistic Rage
9) |Earth Shock
10) |Stormstrike
11) |Lava Lash
12) |Fire Nova
13) |Magma Totem
14) |Lightning Shield

Addons

There are a couple of addons that just make our lives so much easier. They show which spell you should be using next.

- EnhaPrio: Clean, pretty easier to understand but doesn't show that much information. Editing the rotation can only be done in LUA files

- ShockAndAwe: More detailed, more information but not as "pretty" or easy to understand. Editing the rotation can be done in game.

Closing Thoughts

What resources do you guys use? What's good gear to try and get before raiding starts?

Thanks!

Edited by Schoof

Ihuarraquax    1

Hit cap>Expertise Cap>AP>Crit>Haste till ToGC content.

Fire Nova>Lava Lash - Nova deals more dmg than LL with Flametongue weapon proc. Also GCD is scaling with your haste when LL has static 1,5s.

Flameshock always deals more dmg that Earthshock. Try to refresh it at 3s left no more. Otherwise use Earth Shock. 

Meteorite Whetstone and Mirror of Truth are good and easy to get trinkets. 

• Like it! 1

Schoof    4
16 hours ago, Ihuarraquax said:

Hit cap>Expertise Cap>AP>Crit>Haste till ToGC content.

Fire Nova>Lava Lash - Nova deals more dmg than LL with Flametongue weapon proc. Also GCD is scaling with your haste when LL has static 1,5s.

Flameshock always deals more dmg that Earthshock. Try to refresh it at 3s left no more. Otherwise use Earth Shock. 

Meteorite Whetstone and Mirror of Truth are good and easy to get trinkets.

Awesome, thank you! I'm currently trying to get geared to do Heriocs and I'm using the following gear: https://sunwell.pl/armory/Angrathar/Melkdrae

For Trinkets, I think I like the ones I have now better? Or replace Fezzik's Pocketwatch with Meteoritse Whetstone?

Is there anything else I could easily improve?

Edited by Schoof

hijako    11

How do you people not go insane with such a crazy rotation :o

I'm not saying that enh. shaman is not a viable class for pve, but damn... is it worth it?!

Definitely not for everyone - if in real life I'm having issues with walking & linking at the same time, then trying to keep up this rotation, while running around / avoiding boss encounter procs.... 

followme    0
1 hour ago, hijako said:

How do you people not go insane with such a crazy rotation :o

I'm not saying that enh. shaman is not a viable class for pve, but damn... is it worth it?!

Definitely not for everyone - if in real life I'm having issues with walking & linking at the same time, then trying to keep up this rotation, while running around / avoiding boss encounter procs.... 

ShockAndAwe addon helps us determine which ability should be used next ;)

Ghetto    0
On 6/11/2018 at 11:24 AM, Schoof said:

I'm more a fan of EnhaPrio, much cleaner and nicer in my opinion.

Makes our lives a lot easier. :P

Any idea how to turn off the AOE mode on enhaprio? For some reason it completely ignores Fire Nova and Magma Totem when its on, addon worked just fine for me for the first day but now its stuck in AOE mode.

Schoof    4
4 hours ago, Ghetto said:

Any idea how to turn off the AOE mode on enhaprio? For some reason it completely ignores Fire Nova and Magma Totem when its on, addon worked just fine for me for the first day but now its stuck in AOE mode.

Oh yeah, took me a while before I figured that out. You have to right click on it, then it switches. :P