The Trailer Premiere of Nightbane! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
meirl

Despawn rate (is hilarious)

meirl    0

So today i que'd daily hc, it was Oculus, we rush thru it, but i died during the boss fight. I release (since i die way below for anyone to res me) i run straight in, i run around 30 seconds to reach the chest and what do you think? It's gone. Despawned and i cant loot the item that's requiered to complete the daily. Are you serious? I make a ticket and i get "there is nothing we can do", "report to bug tracker if you think it's a bug". Are you kiddding me? First of all, why the despawn rate is so hilariously fast? Why some quest mobs out in the world sometimes take hours to despawn, but the boss corpse is gone in less then 30 seconds? 

bongo_bg    45

I'm not sure if this is a bug report or simply a rage because of a mistake you've done. You never release during a boss fight - that's a rule.

bongo_bg    45
On ‎27‎.‎03‎.‎2018‎ г. at 12:51 PM, meirl said:

...but i died during the boss fight. I release run straight in...

humjack    0

It's not an issue with releasing when dead, etc. This server despawns everything within seconds. I usually see it with lootable corpses, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happens to things like special chests as the OP mentions. 

My guess is the rapid despawn helps with server load (??), rather than a bug per se, but there ought to be some exceptions for things like bosses.

meirl    0

Exactly what Hum said. If you want to see it for yourself and havnt been paying attention to it; kill a mob and have a drink - you will either finish your drink, or loot the corpse.