Commonsense    0

Faction transfer should be viable for 25-30bucks tbh, no real good reason to not have it, and if you think that there will ever be less hordes than alliance, well that would be a new one because it legit probably has never happend in history of world of warcraft. and if you worried about ally xfering to horde then i guess you could just keep track of it and turn of the ally to horde from time to time, 

Good way to support server with some extra cash and make a part of the player base that are interrested in Xfers happy

kalindas    1

i agree we have a large group wanting to roll horde here but a couple of people already hit 80 on alliance and dont feel like leveling again

MrCulé    166

Another topic concerning changefaction and another time I must say: no. 

Changefaction isn't good thing for the project it's only the good service for the players, because they can switch to the faction where a specific part of gameplay seems to be easier(PvE - Horde, PvP - Alliance). Such actions are very damaging for server's balance and therefore we are not going to enable this option. 

Regards. 

Cyanotic    6
27 minutes ago, MrCulé said:

Another topic concerning changefaction and another time I must say: no. 

Changefaction isn't good thing for the project it's only the good service for the players, because they can switch to the faction where a specific part of gameplay seems to be easier(PvE - Horde, PvP - Alliance). Such actions are very damaging for server's balance and therefore we are not going to enable this option. 

Regards. 

If that were the case it wouldn't have been an option on retail though.

MrCulé    166
10 minutes ago, Cyanotic said:

If that were the case it wouldn't have been an option on retail though.

Don't compare a private server to retail. Trust me, we know what we do. 

Official servers have cross realm solutions and they don't really care about disbalance in a specific realm.

Cyanotic    6
17 minutes ago, MrCulé said:

Official servers have cross realm solutions and they don't really care about disbalance in a specific realm.

Faction change came out way before realm phasing and all they had were small battlegroups for pvp.

I'm not saying you don't know what you're doing, I'm saying that it wouldn't be as much as a problem as you're making it out to be. I've been playing WoW for 13 years and private servers for 10 and I've never seen a huge faction inbalance with no solution. Blizzard offered FREE migration to realms with faction imbalances in order the solve the issues and it worked.

Wintergraps even has it's OWN mechanic for coping with faction imbalances.

MrCulé    166
25 minutes ago, Cyanotic said:

Faction change came out way before realm phasing and all they had were small battlegroups for pvp.

I'm not saying you don't know what you're doing, I'm saying that it wouldn't be as much as a problem as you're making it out to be. I've been playing WoW for 13 years and private servers for 10 and I've never seen a huge faction inbalance with no solution. Blizzard offered FREE migration to realms with faction imbalances in order the solve the issues and it worked.

Wintergraps even has it's OWN mechanic for coping with faction imbalances.

It doesn't work at all. We have some experience from our first realm and remember: never compare retail to a private server. 

This is the only server I know that hasn't implemented faction changes if you want retail like you enable them. if you're truly that concerned then you would offer free changes if it got imbalanced on one side like 60% horde/40% ally.