Shatter

Arena Season 5 - Information

Cyanotic    6
1 hour ago, MrCulé said:

Not everything what was blizzlike was good. There is no chance for giving rewards in this way. Rules are not going to be changed.

If you want any of these titles, you must be really good at pvp. 

The only people that disagree with you are people that are barely getting Rival lol.

The way you've suggested will work, it's healthy. The top PVP'ers will get the top rewards, that is the way it SHOULD work.

TriHard    15
33 minutes ago, Elohitler420 said:

Top pvpers xD like the 5v5 apefest is anywhere close to top lvl pvp, ahaha

Don't worry, 5v5 bracket is just a bait for people to get banned for rigging arenas. 

Cyanotic    6
On 3/31/2018 at 12:31 PM, Elohitler420 said:

Top pvpers xD like the 5v5 apefest is anywhere close to top lvl pvp, ahaha

The best of the worst :D

If I had my way drake and title would be 3v3 only, no 2v2 or 5v5

Redstarx    4

Probably everyone knows that 3s is the "best" way to earn your glads, 5s is just a mess and barely any teams play it and 2s is just boring and unbalanced kinda.

Cyanotic    6
3 hours ago, Redstarx said:

Probably everyone knows that 3s is the "best" way to earn your glads, 5s is just a mess and barely any teams play it and 2s is just boring and unbalanced kinda.

2's takes 0 skill so the title is meaningless and 5's is basically wintraders only so again the title is meaningless

There's a reason that IEM only ever did WoW tournaments in 3v3 format. 

y and i read again the admins comment "u must be rly good at pvp if u want these titles", then i remember the backpedaling subhuman in top10 with 80%+ winrate just because they played dk holy xdd pathetic

ololtsg    1
2 hours ago, Cyanotic said:

2's takes 0 skill so the title is meaningless and 5's is basically wintraders only so again the title is meaningless

There's a reason that IEM only ever did WoW tournaments in 3v3 format. 

except that WoW developed a lot form there on and there were millions of changes to arena to make 3v3 appealing to the mass.

But we are stuck on a privatserver with a playerbase of ca. 5k people? where a minority plays arena at all and even a smaller minority takes it more serious than just "for the lulz" and some shiny gear pieces.

As much as 3v3 is better than the other brackets you shouldnt get delusional about it. 2v2 bracket was, is and will be even more in the future when the population declines the mainbracket in wotlk+ pserver scene. Also the balance is at least as bad in 3v3 as it is in 2v2 especially with 3.3.5 but this kind of gear. While its Warpal stuff in 2s its LSP in 3s same shit different bracket. Alone the 2v2 participation justifies any reward in 2s over 3s rewards. While i have to admit that 3v3 here is way ahead to "bigger" servers because of the most simple customchange: teamrating start at 1500.

I really hope this will be kept in the future and not only in s5 (Like on retail). Nothing motivates people more to do 3v3 or arena at all when they can get some progress and dont waste the first 40-60 games already on a useless 1-1500 grind.

Also its smart to give more than top3 titles for lesser skilled people since arena doesnt work if there is no base of "casuals/bads" feeding the system. In my opinion they could even hand out more titles to top30 or something to make it even more attractive to spamque for a larger playerbase. example rather had 50glads running around in sewers but constant ques especially in 3v3 rather than 2teams and 0 ques but i guess some people who never got anything relevant think different on this =). because people dont even want to try at all especially if teams will start on 0 rating in the future for something they dont have a shot at anyways.

Also its very smart to hand out titles for only one season and not permanent except the r1.

some really smart decisions by staff there compared to other stubborn paymane GMs.

Edited by ololtsg

Cyanotic    6
16 hours ago, ololtsg said:

Also its very smart to hand out titles for only one season and not permanent except the r1.

some really smart decisions by staff there compared to other stubborn paymane GMs.

Yep, no idea why people have trouble admitting that. 

boneskull    0
On 3/29/2018 at 7:35 AM, MrCulé said:

Not everything what was blizzlike was good. There is no chance for giving rewards in this way. Rules are not going to be changed.

If you want any of these titles, you must be really good at pvp. 

I mean you can be the best at PvP and get destroyed by Overpowered team comps. I think the reason for a Percentage based reward system allows for the 'good' pvpers who are not the flavor of the month comp to at least place in the top .5%. C'mon we all know where all the arms warrior and Holy Paladins gonna be as the server progresses ;)...this is wotlk we are talking about.

Shatter    11

Point 2 have been updated.

Previous version:

Spoiler

2. In order for a team to be awarded, it needs at least 30 played arenas in the last arena week before the season's last arena point flush.

Current version:

Spoiler

2. In order for a team to be awarded, it needs at least 30 played arenas from 13 to 21 May.

Shatter    11

Point 1 & 2 have been updated.

Previous version:

Spoiler

1. In order to be able to receive a reward, the difference between the player and his teammate cannot be higher than 50. Teams with one member won't be considered to end season rewards. Difference between the player and his arena team cannot be higher than 150.
2. In order for a team to be awarded, it needs at least 30 played arenas from 13 to 21 May.

Current Version:

Spoiler

1. In order to be able to receive a reward, the difference between the player and his teammate cannot be higher than 150. Teams with one member won't be considered to end season rewards. Difference between the player and his arena team cannot be higher than 150.
2. In order for a team to be awarded, it needs at least 10 played arenas  from 13 to 21 May - We are making an exception for the 5v5 & 3v3 Challenger title.

Famelolz    0

How u can update RULES after SEASON it is JOKE?

"In order to be able to receive a reward, the difference between the player and his teammate cannot be higher than 150"

It's a fucking joke, make no sense how u can change rules after a season?

Total bullshit.

People special playing to make these requirements, it's would be fine if u updated this rules 1 week before 21.05 but how u can change it after :) Do u even think about this?

Edited by Famelolz

MrCulé    158
59 minutes ago, Famelolz said:

How u can update RULES after SEASON it is JOKE?

"In order to be able to receive a reward, the difference between the player and his teammate cannot be higher than 150"

It's a fucking joke, make no sense how u can change rules after a season?

Total bullshit.

People special playing to make these requirements, it's would be fine if u updated this rules 1 week before 21.05 but how u can change it after :) Do u even think about this?

Hi,

I understand your complaint and let me explain our point of view.

We were aware that the rules we set, were too strict, actually those rules were the most strict ones among all private servers. We had hope that such strict rules provided healthy competition until the last day of the season; no dodge actions, no snipes etc. We were also aware that for some ladders these rules won't be possible to reach - I mean the highest rates in 2v2 and 3v3 bracket and 5v5 bracket in general, and we knew that we'll have to make them more lenient. We didn't want to announce it before because as I said we wanted to provide you the best arenas' activity possible in the last week of Deadly Gladiator Season. 

I agree that this solution has an obvious disadvantage - players who reached rules that we required can feel cheated, because they did their best to achive them, but as I mentioned above - not everyone were able to achive those rules. We're not going to reapeat this kind of policy again - the rules for Furious Gladiator Season will be constant and they will look like the final rules that have been set in the Deadly Gladiator season. 

We did it in the good faith, however I agree it could be too much confused. If someone of you is dissapointed, I apologize for it. 

The final results should be announce on Sunday, we're still analysing all logs and reports. Some people can be punished for wintrade. 

Famelolz    0

If u can't achive req. u dont get title its so simple. 30 Games ok i get it we had only 8 days and no everyone have time to play. BUT !!!!!" In order to be able to receive a reward, the difference between the player and his teammate cannot be higher than 50" and u change it to 150. WE HAD ALMOST 180 DAYS !!!! TO ARCHIVE THIS REQUIRMENT and u said no everyone were able to get it. FOR ME ITS FUCKING JOKE 180 DAYS TO MAKE IT and U CHANGE IT AFTER SEASON?????? FOR ME ITS UNUSUAL SITUATION !! ITS SO HILARIOUS. Sorry im done with this server. Do u even think about this? 180 DAYS???? How u can said someone was not able to archive this req. Only if someone from gms wanna get title, and just said ok we don't care about players let change rules and get titles for our friends. Only i can imagine this sitatuion. Everyone know about this req from first day of season.

Edited by Famelolz

MrCulé    158
26 minutes ago, Famelolz said:

If u can't achive req. u dont get title its so simple. 30 Games ok i get it we had only 8 days and no everyone have time to play. BUT !!!!!" In order to be able to receive a reward, the difference between the player and his teammate cannot be higher than 50" and u change it to 150. WE HAD ALMOST 180 DAYS !!!! TO ARCHIVE THIS REQUIRMENT and u said no everyone were able to get it. FOR ME ITS FUCKING JOKE 180 DAYS TO MAKE IT and U CHANGE IT AFTER SEASON?????? FOR ME ITS UNUSUAL SITUATION !! ITS SO HILARIOUS. Sorry im done with this server. Do u even think about this? 180 DAYS???? How u can said someone was not able to archive this req. Only if someone from gms wanna get title, and just said ok we don't care about players let change rules and get titles for our friends. Only i can imagine this sitatuion. Everyone know about this req from first day of season.

Now your allegations are ridiculous. No one from Sunwell Crew isn't active PvP player.

I got used to that people writes "I'm done with this server" if they have a different opinion. It's your choice mate, you don't have to write it, just do it if you want. 

30 games for 5v5 bracket as well as top teams from 3v3/2v2 weren't available to achive. If you don't see the point, well I cannot do anythimg more than apologize once again. 

Famelolz    0

??? Do u read my post, i was talking about personal difference and u once again talking about 30 games for 5v5 for me its fine cuz that was unreachable. But as i said 180 days for get 50 difference that was too short amount of time??? YE OFC NOT so why u change it?

Edited by Famelolz

MrCulé    158
1 hour ago, Famelolz said:

??? Do u read my post, i was talking about personal difference and u once again talking about 30 games for 5v5 for me its fine cuz that was unreachable. But as i said 180 days for get 50 difference that was too short amount of time??? YE OFC NOT so why u change it?

Our goal wasn't exclude people in rewards context, but avoid  swapping teams in aim to snipe other teams. It's really hard to keep this difference when someone joined the team that was already on 2500+ rate. 

We didn't want to punish players, we wanted to keep the competition as healthy as possible. 

Shatter    11

We've decided to change requirements because based on old rules no one from 5v5 bracket would be rewarded. Same with 3v3, 70% of the players didn't qualify for rewards. You're making a huge problem out of nothing.

For example:

3v3 rewards with old rules:

Spoiler

Rank 21: Rating: 1663 (Team 109)

3v3 rewards with new rules:

Spoiler

Rank 21: Rating: 2003 (Team 26)

We didn't want to punish players, we wanted to keep the competition as healthy as possible. 

Exactly.

Edited by Shatter
  • Like it! 1