Shatter

Arena Season 5 - Information

Shatter    11

2v2 Rewards:

1st place: Deadly Gladiator title – permanently, and Deadly Gladiator's Frost Wyrm

2nd-3rd Gladiator title – for one season, and Deadly Gladiator's Frost Wyrm

4th - 7th place: Duelist title – for one season.

8th - 15th place: Rival title – for one season.

16th - 27th place: Challenger title – for one season.

3v3 Rewards:

1st place: Deadly Gladiator title – permanently, and Deadly Gladiator's Frost Wyrm

2nd-3rd place: Gladiator title – for one season, and  Deadly Gladiator's Frost Wyrm

4th - 6th place: Duelist title – for one season.

7th - 12th place: Rival title – for one season.

13th - 21th place: Challenger title – for one season.

5v5 Rewards:

1st place: Gladiator title – for one season, and Deadly Gladiator's Frost Wyrm

2nd-3rd place: Duelist title – for one season

4th - 6th place: Rival title – for one season.

7th - 10th place: Challenger title – for one season.

Rewarding Criteria:

1. In order to be able to receive a reward, the difference between the player and his teammate cannot be higher than 150. Teams with one member won't be considered to end season rewards. Difference between the player and his arena team cannot be higher than 150.
2. In order for a team to be awarded, it needs at least 10 played arenas  from 13 to 21 May - We are making an exception for the 5v5 & 3v3 Challenger title.
3. Teams with vulgar, racist or insulting names won't be considered to end season rewards.
4. Before receiving rewards, we will check arena logs searching for wintrading and the players will be checked in the means of illegal software.

Q&A:

1. What is a server time for the weekly Arena Flush?

Spoiler

Arena Point Flush is every Sunday @11pm.

2. How many Arena Points will I get for my Arena Rating?

Spoiler

630?cb=20100819131430

3. How long is Deadly Gladiator season?

Spoiler

The official statement will be announced along with the date of the new PvE content implementation.

4. Are you considering to change Deadly Weapon price?

Spoiler

No. The reward for daily first battleground victory has been doubled and this should be enough.

5. Does arena matching system work fine?

Spoiler

We are perfectly aware of the issue concerning high ratings. The problem will be solved soon.

6. Are you going to host 2v2 and 3v3 tournaments in the future?

Spoiler

Although organizing a tournament is a very time-consuming task, finding a good announcer is really difficult. It is hard to find a person who not only speaks English fluently but also knows PvP well! 
We may try to host such events at the end of the season but we cannot promise that this will work out!

7. Honorable Kills Titles:

Spoiler

HK            ALLIANCE                               HORDE
15            Private                                   Scout
2000         Corporal                                Grunt
5000         Sergeant                               Sergeant
10000       Master Sergeant                     Senior Sergeant
15000       Sergeant Major                      First Sergeant
20000       Knight                                   Stone Guard
25000       Knight-Lieutenant                   Blood Guard
30000       Knight-Captain                       Legionnaire

40000        Knight-Champion                  Centurion
50000       Lieutenant Commander          Champion
60000       Commander                          Lieutenant General
70000       Marshal                                General
80000       Field Marshal                        Warlord
90000       Grand Marshal                      High Warlord   

Edited by Shatter

In regard to the Tournament announcer issue, I found the games on Arena-tournament where they had just listened in on a team was more interested than an actually commentator.

Just a thought/opinion.

Redstarx    4
On 3/11/2018 at 5:16 AM, Niqutio said:

This is an awful idea.. please consider doing %s instead of 1st and 2nd place. 

It really isn't. TBH Angrathar is still a "low pop" realm atleast on the pvp side, and if it would be on % basis everyone would run around with "Challenger" title. I know that Challenger is shit anyways but with this way it will have value on the realm. The other thing is that with such low number of arena teams there would be like 5ish gladiator teams anyways.

Just for an example: AT had a system where top 5 were glads, top 20 were rivals and thats it, atleast titles have some value imo.

• Like it! 1
  • Dislike 2

Cyanotic    6
On 3/17/2018 at 12:54 PM, Redstarx said:

i didn't see any wintraders yet lol

You're naive enough to believe that no one is queuing for an hour then all of a sudden, within the space of 30 seconds, 8 teams queue all at once?

Sunite    4
1 hour ago, Cyanotic said:

You're naive enough to believe that no one is queuing for an hour then all of a sudden, within the space of 30 seconds, 8 teams queue all at once?

You clearly don't know how announcer works...

Sunite    4
1 hour ago, Cyanotic said:

Please educate me then and contribute to the topic.

Well first of all if you see the announcer pop 10 times in few seconds it does not mean that 10 teams are queuing. It can be one team spamming.

Second, if you knew something about win-trading, before claiming such a thing, you would understand it is kinda impossible to win-trade with 8 teams queuing. That's why it's usually done late at night when no one is playing.

Just a note: I'm not saying there is no team win-trading because some teams do really look suspicious, however, you are just throwing accusations with no proof.

Cyanotic    6
1 hour ago, Sunite said:

Well first of all if you see the announcer pop 10 times in few seconds it does not mean that 10 teams are queuing. It can be one team spamming.

That's both interesting and annoying

1 hour ago, Sunite said:

Second, if you knew something about win-trading, before claiming such a thing, you would understand it is kinda impossible to win-trade with 8 teams queuing. That's why it's usually done late at night when no one is playing.

That's definitely up for debate as this happened on retail and AT. You can sync up the pops and add the players on the other team to a friends list so you can see when they are in a game, if all else fails you can just leave on your dummy team. It's far from perfect, but man some of the teams on the front page look mighty suspicious, 101 wins 9 losses with only Savage Blue gear? C'mon now.

Shatter    11

Hello,

we are going to reward more players in bracket 2v2, also check official statement about bracket 5v5 below:

5v5 Rewards:

1st place: Gladiator title – for one season, and Deadly Gladiator's Frost Wyrm

2nd-3rd place: Duelist title – for one season

4th - 6th place: Rival title – for one season.

7th - 10th place: Challenger title – for one season.

Shatter    11

We have decided that requirements for new season will be higher. All the information you can find in the post above.

13123asd123    6

5k ppl playing on this server and you using this method for rewarding lol *blizzlike*

If you really want your players to be happy use the official procedure:

0.0% - 0.5%: Gladiator
0.5% - 3%: Duelist
3% - 10%: Rival
10% - 35%: Challenger

• Like it! 5
  • Dislike 1

Cyanotic    6

Before receiving rewards, we will check arena logs searching for wintrading and the players will be checked in the means of illegal software.

Make sure to spectate some of the highest teams too, a lot of them will use scripts which are undetectable. However obvious when you see it in action (IE. Shield Bashing from 12 yards away, and shadow word: Deathing polys with inhuman accuracy. 

vela    0

Only one team to receive r1? the fuck

thats not "blizzlike" at all. Give it to the 0,5% like it used to be back in the day

Sunite    4
1 hour ago, pazarsimiti said:

@sunite youre the kid here :)

At least I have balls to post my opinion with my in-game name, you, on the other hand, hide behind a forum acc with 1 post...I must admit I would too if my post was so pointless...

13123asd123    6
11 minutes ago, Sunite said:

At least I have balls to post my opinion with my in-game name, you, on the other hand, hide behind a forum acc with 1 post...I must admit I would too if my post was so pointless...

good for you boi

MrCulé    158
12 hours ago, 13123asd123 said:

5k ppl playing on this server and you using this method for rewarding lol *blizzlike*

If you really want your players to be happy use the official procedure:

0.0% - 0.5%: Gladiator
0.5% - 3%: Duelist
3% - 10%: Rival
10% - 35%: Challenger

Not everything what was blizzlike was good. There is no chance for giving rewards in this way. Rules are not going to be changed.

If you want any of these titles, you must be really good at pvp. 

• Like it! 1
  • Perfect! 1