Sankadudul

Long time Feral druid AMA gear/stats/rotation etc.

Sankadudul    2

Played feral since vanilla all the way untill WoD, pretty experainced if i may say myself, ask me anything ill do my best to answer all questions

simplecatdps.jpg

• Like it! 1

Sankadudul    2

if u got more then 40% ARP then i deffinitly suggest FB+shred spam since its more dps then rip but if not, go for the ussual rotation with rip

Sankadudul    2

@bongo_bg in this patch its also possible to get 40% but RLY hard, and the roar depends on how the fight is going so for example, u start with mangle-rake-shread- if ur unlucky and got 0 crits u will have 3 CP u can eather w8 for another shread and go for a rip then roar at 4-5, thats the slower opening but deals more dmg in the long run, or u can go for a mangle-rake-roar if u got 2 crits and u know u can stay on top of boss the whole time and then pop zerk+trinket and go for shreds or a rake if its about to run out, and if u know u can fit a FB in there go ahead, i ussualy have around 44.55% crit non raid buffed, if i know i can stay on top of boss the whole time i will go for a 4-5 CP roar and build up the rip later but its a boss that u need to move/kite etc. i will for for a 4-5 CP rip. And about the 1-3CP roar i only do that if i know the shaman is gonna pop lust and i dont have time to generate a full roar and waste dmg, zerk non glyphed last for 15 sec and a 1 CP roar last 14 so u can even do a 1CP roar in that situation of a lust, ferals dont have a rotation that is carved into stone, u adapt to the situation that is infront of u, and dont take guides to the word use them as a guideline,everyone has theyr own playstyle

• Like it! 1

What do you think about gemming Strength over Agility in this current tier? Strength is 2:1 for AP meaning it's worth more than flat Attack Power gems since it will be modified by Kings. Agi is 1:1 and offers crit, i'm assuming in raid buffs a Kitty must be 40-45% or so? Arp isn't worth going for right now is it? Does that leave Str as the better option or would Agi be better?

Sankadudul    2

@Doublespoons u only gem/go Str when u are agi/crit capped and that dosnt happen with the current gear, yes the 2AP instead of 1 is nice and it gives more raw bleed dmg but in the long run agi/crit are the better option since agi gives AP/crit/armor/dodge and with each crit u gain 2 CP instead of 1 so u can do more finisher moves, rip benefits from crit since if u take Primal Gore(its a must) it gives rip and lacerate the ability to crit and rip is flat dmg that ignores armor on the target and when it has the ability to crit on that already big dmg its a leathal weapon against many classes in pvp or gives huge dmg boost in pve, rip is the 'artificial' armor penetration atm, since its very hard to get 40% ARP at this gear so we use our combo points on rip instead of FB. And i currently non raid buffed with only mark of the wild on me i have 44.55% crit chance and around 6300 AP without my trinket procs/use (Loatheb's Shadow/Mirror of Truth)

Sankadudul    2

yeah tested it with item switching and asked a friend who also played since vanilla, in vanilla it was agi 1ap and str 2ap then that got changed in tbc, in vanilla u would go 60% str and the rest was 40% agi for the small ap bonus and crit, worked the same on nostalirus/elysium

Fionn    7

Also a long time feral player.

I noticed that this seems to be the most prevalent build, and I am sure not by coincidence, it is also what you find when you google "3.3.5 feral dps guide:" http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/druid.php?0000000000000000000000000000550202132322010053120030312511203503012000000000000000000

However, since FB really isn't a big part of our normal rotation, I would suggest this: http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/druid.php?0000000000000000000000000000503202132322011053120030313511203503012000000000000000000

Reasons being: We use swipe way more often. I've had to get mangle back up in a very tight window of time, that small energy reduction helps. Additionally, a bonus of 20% more healing done to you is nothing to scoff at in raids. We use FB very very rarely outside of Berserk, so it's not worth the extra (let us assume a FB of 2k) 300 damage awarded with the 5/5 in Feral Aggression.

Sankadudul    2

@Fionn This is what i use at this moment, but will probbably change later as the patches go, 

http://rpgworld.altervista.org/335/druid.php?0000000000000000000000000000503202132322012053120030310511205503012000000000000000000

me personaly i would never skip 5 points in Furor, and in the talent tree u gave its 10% healing not 20% its 10% per point are u are running it at 1/2

Improved mangle is a 'waste' of points since ur better off putting those points into something else, u will never spam mangle and if u cant keep track of mangle duration(60sec) dont even play feral :P 

mangle by far is the easiest ability to keep track off, u just need to start predicting it at 10s remaining but even if u refresh it at 20s remaining it isnt that big of a dps lose expecialy if it crits so u get 2 CP so its just acts like a less dmg shred in that situvation

Fionn    7

Whoops, it was late when I wrote that lol - meant to say 10%, but 20% is always better.

My thought process was that the extra energy may be beneficial in some situations, or even when opening. However, you're right it may actually be more beneficial to go 2/2 Nurturing Instinct and 5/5 Furor. I haven't played wotlk or much wow in general in probably a year or so now, so I can't remember what I ran the last time.

My main thing was skipping the 5/5 Feral Aggression because it just seems asinine and a total waste of points.

It feels like being part of an exclusive club, knowing how to play feral DPS right B|

I am Groot    4

I dont think Furor 5/5 is so good. Be aware that it only give anything if you're shapeshifting at 60+ energy vs 3/5. Is that so common while dpsing? 

When I asked Shred vs FB I was thinking about replacing all FBs you could make with Shreds. FB is realy crap when you use it with more than minimum energy plus most likely you will use FB with Berserk, so it means you probably use maximum energy for FB. And in my opinion it's huge waste. I get pretty nice dps when I just spam Shred while Berserking, check it. 

Sankadudul    2

@gret As i said above, I personaly wouldnt skip it, it all depends on your playstyle(also on your job in raid, decurse,root,etc.), and as far as Shred vs FB spam in zerk it all depend on your gear and how much energy u have when u activate zerk(usualy timed with tiger's fury) if u got less then 50 i would skip FB completly, but if u activate tiger's fury u will ussualy be around 90-100 and u spam shred and when u reach 4-5 CP go for a FB and after that continue shred spam cuz u want to time zerk that u are over 60-70 energy so after zerk ends u dont stand there doing nothing w8ing for energy, if u know u have time untill the end u can go for more FB's since a crit on FB is ussualy around 2k more dmg then a crit on shred but if the FB dosnt crit it can do less then a shred expecialy if u had no bonus energy for extra dmg

Sankadudul    2

@gret did some testing, so first i did ravage-shred untill 4-5CP then pop tigers+zerk and did a FB then shred spam untill 4-5 cp and FB again, i did that for 15sec(duration of zerk)  ,  then i did the same but no FB just shred spam, and after that i did combined, just to note i didnt use faerie fire(5% armor reduction)  or savage roar(33% increased physical dmg) when doing these tests i did use Idol of the Ravenous beast(+203 shred dmg)

Shred+FB.png

Shred only.png

combined.png

Edited by Sankadudul

Fionn    7

Agree that Furor 5/5 can be a waste as well. You shouldn't need to be shifting in and out of cat form often in raids if you have competent players. Perhaps only rarely for a Rebirth or Tranquility.

I also wouldn't skip FB during Berserk. My experience has been that it almost always increases DPS.

It is all based on preference though. Not sure where else you'd put those extra two points than Improved Mangle, which really isn't all that useful either. 4 extra energy when opening really won't go very far.

So, I guess 5/5 Furor or 2/3 Imp. Mangle is just your own individual choice.